I like a lot of people this year am turning to the Keto Diet in hopes to achieve great weight loss in the New Year. I have gone through this path before with great success, but uh.. life happens. This time around I am struggling with what to eat, I am not a good cook so do I live solely off of protein shakes and meal replacement bars, or do I try? As you probably guessed I decided to try and learn how to cook Keto, and I am so glad I did! I have found some easy recipes that anyone can do! (Trust me if I can, you can) Below are some great easy recipes to kick start your diet into keto. I started the day with a full stack of large keto pancakes! By lunch I decided to test my oven skills with some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and for dinner I made a delicious cheeseburger casserole mmmm…
Make Low Carb Keto Almond Flour Pancakes in 5 Minutes or Less
During the week I hate waking up early, therefore I am always in a rush and never have time to cook. These almond flour pancakes not only are perfect for the keto diet, they only have six ingredients, and they are perfect for lazy night owls with sleep deprivation who can’t wake up on time like myself! (And everyone else of course)
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1oz Cream Cheese
- 1tsp Erythritol Sweetener
- In your blender/mixer mix the flour, vanilla, eggs, cream cheese, and erythritol till nice and smooth. I like to blend the ingredients in my magic bullet because its quick and easy to clean.
- Heat the burner on medium with butter, once ready pour the batter mixture in the pan and let it fry for two minutes. When ready flip the pancakes and let fry for another 30-60 seconds.
Once your three pancakes are ready, plate and top off with some butter and sugar free maple syrup. I like to have mine with a side of bacon, also Keto friendly. I mean what other diet allows you to eat pancakes, eggs, cheese and bacon? These pancakes work well with cinnamon and other flavors as well, I just choose vanilla for this instance. You can also make them without Almond flour, but the first time I did this the pancakes didn’t rise very high so they were too thin for me.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – Low Carb Keto Lunch Ideas
Lunch is probably the toughest meal of the day for me. I hate protein shakes, ill drink them if I have to but I would prefer something with sustenance. If I am at work I will go to Sweet Tomato’s with the guys, a healthy on the go salad bar in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. But on the weekend, its jalapeno popper time! I love me some jalapeno poppers mmmm. And these jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon only require 3 ingredients bacon, jalapenos, and cream cheese!
- 4pcs Jalapeno Peppers
- 2oz Cream cheese
- 4pcs bacon
Now what I love about this recipe is the fact that jalapeno poppers are so quick and easy to make. It doesn’t require a laundry list of grocery’s and a few hours to prepare. I like to interchange the ingredients with sweet peppers, or onion and chive cream cheese every now and then!
- Line a baking pan with some aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 400º degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Slice jalapeno’s in half and de-seed them
- Fill jalapeno’s with Cream Cheese layer
- Slice bacon in half making 8pcs
- Wrap jalapeno’s with bacon and place on the cooking sheet
- Cook for 25-30 min (until bacon is fully cooked)
That’s it, once the bacon is fully cooked you’re ready to eat!
Serving Size: 8pcs
Easy 4 Ingredient Low Carb Cheese burger Casserole – Keto Dinner Ideas
Finally as we wrap up a day in the life, daily keto meal plan ideas I made a simple Cheeseburger Casserole. What is a Cheeseburger Casserole, a cheeseburger without a bun, served in a dish. You can add whatever spices and veggies you like to this dish, but I am one of those rare people that prefer my cheeseburgers naked without any condiments. (OMG that’s crazy right! I know)
- 1pkg Hamburger
- 5 slices Sargento Cheddar Cheese
- 1tsp of garlic salt
- A pinch of salt
- 1 slice butter
- Heat a frying pan on medium with butter and cook the hamburger meat till brown on all sides and cooked all the way through, this typically takes between 10-15minutes.
- While frying stir in your salt, garlic, veggies and spices to taste.
- About a minute or two before the hamburger is complete, layer your cheese around the pan and mix in the melted cheese.
- Finally spoon and serve
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Total Servings: 6
The hardest meal of the day is ready just that fast, can you believe it? Now it is up to you to decide what to do with all that time you just saved not cooking some elaborate cuisine tonight for the family, while feeling accomplished for staying true to the Keto Diet. Be sure to tune in for more great keto recipes by subscribing to the Edgy Reporter and liking below.